I came across this post that listed different ways to beat blogger’s block. I will admit, I have had that lately since I’ve been writing more DP challenge posts. Maybe this list will give me some inspiration to start writing more personal posts on here. Here’s the 50 things that the blogger from gala darling came up with:
1. Write about your passion.
2. Set a timer for 9 minutes, and just start writing!
3. Find the best things in a category and write about them.
4. Research and write about your idols.
5. Take photos in your favourite place.
6. Make a list of your favourite blog posts on a particular topic by other bloggers!
7. Write about something you’re looking forward to.
8. Write a top 10 list.
9. Do something that makes you feel uncomfortable.
10. Go on a roadtrip!
11. Plan an adventure.
12. Ask your readers what they’d like to read.
13. Write a letter to an ex-lover.
15. Tell a secret.
16. Write in somebody else’s voice.
17. Interview someone fascinating.
18. Go to an aquarium.
19. Just write 150 words.
20. Ask your friends or family for ideas.
21. Write about what you were like as a teenager.
22. Play with magnetic poetry.
23. Tell a fairytale.
24. Write about your favourite shoes, meal, book, memory…
25. Talk about a decision that was hard to make.
26. Make a mixtape.
27. Write about how you want your life to feel.
28. Write about what you’re thankful for.
29. Write about something which scares you.
30. Write a how to post.
31. Record yourself speaking.
32. Write about your body.
33. Put together a rebuttal of something someone else has written.
34. Write a letter to a childhood friend.
35. Spend time with a stranger.
36. Re-write and improve upon one of your most popular posts.
37. Go for a walk, take your camera, pay attention.
38. Create a character and write a story around them.
39. Read outside of your normal interests.
40. Put together your bucket list.
41. Write a letter to your future child.
42. Write an apology.
43. Share a mistake from your history that you learned from.
44. Make a video!
45. Try something completely out of character, then write about it.
46. Have tea with your best friend and see what unfolds.
47. Write about a second chance.
48. Create a new regular column or feature.
49. Write a piece on the evolution of your personal style.
50. Get up from your computer and take a day off!
Some of these seem really fun to do! I definitely have to try out numbers 8, 24, 27, and 41. Are there any ideas on here that you would want to try?
Hope you all had a great weekend!